A Little About Me
Hi! In case you don’t know me, this photo says a lot about me.
1. I need to clean this mirror. Cleaning mirrors isn’t really high on my to do list. I love to clean but only specific things. I love to mop floors - isn't that weird? I find it so meditative. I also love a clean kitchen but I dislike touching dirty dishes.
2. I have a basket of laundry that is done and folded but I haven’t put it away in 2 weeks. I’ve just been digging through it when I need clothes. It takes me at least a week to put away clean clothes and it is usually because I need the basket when I do decide to put them away.
3. My T-shirt says “work hard and be nice” - kind of my motto in life. I am always working - even when I don't have to. I love to be productive. I love to feel like I am adding value to the world in some way. I don't care much about making money but rather bringing value to peoples lives. Being nice is something that I think everyone should do.
4. I have a professional camera - Nikon D7200. I studied photography but I usually just use my iPhone and a shoe (for a tripod). I love photography and actually secretly hoped that when my Instagram account began to grow that someone would "discover" me and want to hire me as a photographer.
5. My hair is in a bun because I haven’t washed it in 8 days ... I only wash it once a week so I’m a day late. I really am not looking forward to washing it later. I loathe washing my hair because it takes a good 90 minutes to do the full process of deep conditioning, air dry, blow dry the damp out, curl and style. I got my hair fried 3 years ago when I desperately "needed" (I realize now this was NOT a need lol) highlights at 5pm on a Tuesday and went to a walk in salon. I came out a bleach blonde and then slowly over the next few weeks my hair began to break off in chunks. It was traumatic and I don't think I'm over it yet (or ever) so, I try to just leave my hair alone for the most part.
6. I’m an artist. My bedroom wall is painted with chalkboard paint so I can create whenever I feel like it. It’s also not a bedroom but a yoga studio that my husband transformed for me because he’s just that kind of amazing guy. I love creation - I am not specific to any one medium of art - I love it all.
There are a few things this photo doesn’t say.
1. I love Jesus and I also love gay people. And, if you love Jesus so should you. I feel like sometimes the Christians that get all the media coverage seem to portray this message of hate and intolerance towards others. Jesus was the exact opposite of this message. He loved everyone regardless of how "bad" other people viewed them. He came to earth so that we didn't have to be condemned. If you follow his teachings, it is clear that as his followers, we need to love everyone. Period.
2. I love animals. I am vegan and if you aren’t, we can still be friends. When I wasn't vegan, I really disliked the judgment I felt from them. I know now that it was actually my own "moral compass" making me feel that way because honestly, no vegan ever said a word to me. I simply "felt" judged by them. I'm here to tell all you non-vegans out there that I love you no matter what you choose to eat. If you do ask me however for help, I would recommend the documentary "Forks over Knives". It was something I watched a few days after I decided to go Vegan and it really helped me put it all into perspective.
3. I am 44 tomorrow (yikes!) and I still don’t know what the heck I’m doing but I don’t care. I live one day at a time. I mean, I care but I don't let it bother me. I love not knowing what the future holds. I have reinvented myself at least 5 times and I can't wait to see what I come up with next! Ha!
4. I don’t drink and if we go out, it won’t bother me in the least if you have a drink or two😉(as long as you aren’t driving)! This was another thing that I felt judged by others when I use to drink. If someone wasn't drinking when we were together, I would feel like I was a "bad" person if they didn't drink too. But now I know again, that was just God telling me that my relationship with alcohol wasn't right.
5. Last, but not least, I’m a mom of two boys 12 & 14 👨👩👦👦 and I’m married to the hottest guy on earth. Yes, I am ... he really is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I'm so blessed. I never thought I'd end up where I am today and I'm really grateful.
Tell me something about you!
To follow me on instagram go to @beachyogagirl!